Core Qualities for ECO Ordination Candidates:
To minister effectively, we believe pastors should possess three core qualities:
- The development of biblical and theological knowledge that is Reformed and evangelical in nature. Pastors need to be able to effectively communicate this knowledge in a postmodern world.
- The ability to have particular ministry skills. These skills include preaching and teaching, as well as the ability to lead adaptive change and develop leaders.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity.
To begin the ordination process, please request an ordination application from the ECO Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining ECO As A Pastor
Objectives of the Application Process:
- Ensure pastors will uphold the theological and moral standards of ECO
- Ensure pastors embrace the missional vision of ECO, desiring to minister boldly in a post-denominational environment
- Ensure that a thorough process does not distract pastors from their primary call: to make disciples of Jesus Christ
Pastor Application Process:
- Request an ECO application packet via email from email@example.com.
- Study the values, theology, and polity of ECO to discern if ECO is an appropriate denominational home.
- Complete and return the application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay for the background check fee via credit/debit card by calling Shelby Murphy at (805) 201-9019.
- Alternatively, you can mail the application and background payment (check made to ECO) to: ECO Office, 5638 Hollister Avenue Suite 210, Goleta, CA 93117.
- Meet with an ECO liaison who will review the application and any potential questions.
- Meet with members of the Commission on Assimilation.
- Submit your application to the ECO Board for approval.
- Sign contracts for health and retirement benefits package.
- Being Ordained by ECO.