One of the key commitments of ECO Global Engagement is to identify, share, and create resources to help churches engage more meaningfully in global mission.
Global Engagement Course
Check out the Best Practices for Mission Teams video-based course. Local churches are the primary agents of God’s mission in the world. Equipping mission leaders in your church catalyzes growing mission engagement in your community and the global community.
This video-based small group study is designed to help your church’s mission team/committee explore best practices for leading your church in mission.
Mission Resource Packet for Churches
The Mission Resource Packet for Churches is a google doc that you can browse, download, or print. It contains:
- Evaluating Mission Opportunities: Resources and FAQs
- Engaging Your Church in Mission: Resources and FAQs
- Short Term Mission: Resources and FAQs
- Mission Booklist
Global Engagement News
We have multiple ways to stay updated all Global Engagement news within ECO. We post new updates and stores on the Blog as well as send out a monthly Global Engagement newsletter.
- Blog: Check out past Global Engagement Blog Posts
Read the most recent Global Engagement Connection newsletter. subscribe to the monthly e-newsletter.
Contribute to ECO Global Engagement
Would you like to share a mission resource? Would you like to tell the story about your global engagement? We invite you to share your best practices, resources you have found or created, and tell the story of your global engagement.
Please fill out the Global Engagement Sharing form to submit a resource or story. The Director of Global Engagement reviews submissions and schedules them for posting at her discretion.
Use the form below to submit your mission resource suggestion or story for the ECO blog.
- You may submit book recommendations, websites, podcasts, video links, curriculums, or examples of your church’s policies or procedures for global engagement.
- You may also write/share a blog post about how your church is engaged in God’s global mission. Blog posts should be no more than 800 words and should have 1 image file included.
- Resources and stories will be reviewed and scheduled for posting at the discretion of the Director of Global Engagement.
- Resources or stories that request funding will typically not be considered without Synod Council approval.